What Do I Do If Missed A Maryland Traffic Court Appearance?

If you missed a Maryland traffic court date for a  “non serious” or “non jailable” case, it can be fixed. If you missed a court date for a “jailable” Maryland traffic case, a warrant for your arrest will likely be issued, however, that is not the subject of this post.

You will have two options to fix the problem:

1.  Pay the ticket— This will solve the problem, fix any license suspension, and life goes on.  However, I do not recommend this.  By simply paying the Maryland traffic citation, you are automatically going to receive a conviction and any points associated with the charge.

2. Pay and reset for trial–This is the preferred option.  Although you will have to pay the fine, you will get the money back if you beat the ticket.  Just go to the Maryland clerk’s office in the county that you are charged in and tell them you want to reset the case.  That way, you won’t get the points and the conviction, you’ll fix any license suspension imposed, and you will get new court date.

Don’t have time to go to court?  I can help.  I am an experienced Maryland traffic attorney who has handled thousands of Maryland traffic cases.  Call me at 301-563-9575 or 1-877-566-2408 for  a free consultation.  I’m serious about defending Maryland traffic cases and am in traffic court on most days.